Metadata Policy for information describing items in the repository
- Anyone may access the metadata free of charge.
- The metadata may be re-used in any medium without prior permission for not-for-profit purposes provided:
- the OAI Identifier or a link to the original metadata record are given
- Repository of the Academy's Library is mentioned
- The metadata must not be re-used in any medium for commercial purposes without formal permission.
Data Policy for full-text and other full data items
- Access to some or all full items is controlled.
- Single copies of full items can be:
- reproduced, and displayed or performed
- for personal research or study, educational, or not-for-profit purposes without prior permission or charge.
- the authors, title and full bibliographic details are given
- a hyperlink and/or URL are given for the original metadata page
- the original copyright statement is given
- the original rights permission statement is given
- Full items must not be harvested by robots except transiently for full-text indexing
- Full items must not be sold commercially in any format or medium without formal permission of the copyright holders.
- Some full items are individually tagged with different rights permissions and conditions.
- This repository is not the publisher; it is merely the online archive.
- Mention of Repository of the Academy's Library is appreciated but not mandatory.
Content Policy for types of document & data set held
- This is a multi-institution subject-based repository.
- Repository of the Academy's Library is restricted to:
- Journal articles
- Conference and workshop papers
- Books, chapters and sections
- Deposited items may include:
- submitted versions (as sent to journals for peer-review)
- accepted versions (author's final peer-reviewed drafts)
- published versions (publisher-created files)
Submission Policy concerning depositors, quality & copyright
- Items may only be deposited by accredited members, academic staff, registered students, and employees of the organisation, or their delegated agents.
- The administrator only vets items for the eligibility of authors/depositors, relevance to the scope of Repository of the Academy's Library, valid layout & format, and the exclusion of spam
- The validity and authenticity of the content of submissions is checked by internal subject specialists.
- Items can be deposited at any time, but will not be made publicly visible until any publishers' or funders' embargo period has expired.
- Any copyright violations are entirely the responsibility of the authors/depositors.
- If Repository of the Academy's Library receives proof of copyright violation, the relevant item will be removed immediately.
- No retention period defined.
- Repository of the Academy's Library will try to ensure continued readability and accessibility.
- Items will be migrated to new file formats where necessary.
- Repository of the Academy's Library regularly backs up its files according to current best practice.
- Items may be removed at the request of the author/copyright holder, but this is strongly discouraged.
- No deletion method for withdrawn items defined.
- In the event of Repository of the Academy's Library being closed down, the database will be transferred to another appropriate archive.